When I first saw Rosa’s post that she invests $1,000 in every one of her authors, I noticed that plenty of people had seen her post but nobody commented. So I took the lead and questioned her. Even though plenty of other saw the comments, the conversation remained between Rosa and me.
In private comments though, people had plenty to say. While some merely asked me if I was okay (which I assured them that I was) others took the opportunity to unburden themselves.
For the sake of their privacy I won’t mention any of their real names.
· Anna applauded me for speaking up. She said she wished she had my guts.
· Joanne said she wished she had said something too, but she was afraid.
· Sherry said as much too, adding that Rosa has a very sharp tongue.
· Lisa said that she had locked horns with Rosa on several occasions and that she never listens to reason. Her word is law and that’s that.
· Chris stated that she’s not happy with Rosa at all. That when the contract is finished it won’t be renewed.
· Andrea agreed with me that the covers of the books are terrible. That she hates her book cover, but that it’s too late to do something about it now.
· Jackie agreed with Andrea. She initially liked her book cover, but stated that others told her how terrible it looked.
· Linda agreed with me about the royalties. She too doubted her sales figures, but there’s no way to prove anything.
All in all, it was pretty clear that my feelings about Rosa were shared and while nobody spoke up publically, the amount of private comments I received clearly indicated that I am not alone in my suspicion of Rosa and my disapproval of how she handles things.