- The first thing to do is to stop feeling sorry for yourself. You are hardly the only person who is without a date on Valentine’s Day. There are lots of other people just like you and with any luck, you might meet one of them and then you won’t be alone anymore. Meanwhile smile, keep your chin up and if you don’t have a partner to do something special for you, do something special for yourself on Valentine’s Day.
- If you like red roses and cuddly bears, get some. Just march into that store, grab that bouquet or bear of your choice and pay for it. You don’t need someone to present you with flowers of toys, you can buy them yourself.
- If you know you are going to feel depressed sitting at home, all alone, then don’t go home. Ring up a girlfriend and suggest a night out. Go to your favorite restaurant and order your favorite food, or go to a place you’ve never been to and order something you’ve never tried. Have a nice glass of red and say yes to desert.
- The two of you could go to the ballet, see a play or go to the cinema. You don’t need a guy for company, most guys don’t like the ballet, you choice of play or movie anyway. With a girlfriend on the other hand you’ll have fun. Alternatively you could invite a girlfriend to your house and watch a DVD? You could gorge on pizza and popcorn.
- If you’re a bit strapped for cash or none of your friends are available, there’s still no reason to feel blue. Go to the bookstore and go for something you really enjoy. Whether you like romance, murder or a vampire story, if it makes you happy, go for it. Back home order some take out and cuddle up with your food and your book.
Valentine’s Day is just one day of the year. If you were fine before Valentine’s Day and you know you’ll be okay after Valentine’s Day, why should Valentine’s Day itself be any different?